Have you ever wondered how our lives changed since immuno-suppressant drugs were released on the market?
This is a mind bending pretzel logic story that your prescribing doctor most likely does not understand. In fact it took me years to figure out & how to explain it w/o confusing all of us even more.
Are you taking drugs like Humira – 6mp or Remicade? If so there is a good chance that it has reduced your symptoms. That’s nice. But did you know that-
- The list of immune suppressants & anti-inflammatory drugs you take will keep getting longer.
- These drugs have zero chance of healing your gastrointestinal tract.
- In fact even though your symptoms are reduced (suppressed) the problem will actually keep getting worse.
- If you do nothing different you will have surgery to remove your colon.
BTW were you aware that your gastroenterologist is most likely a surgeon?
Why anti inflammatory & immune suppressant drugs appear to work.
1st let’s establish some context—if you have IBS-Colitis-Ulcerative Colitis-Divirticulitis or Crohn’s you do not have a disease. You have a man-made condition.
The very bottom line is this—-your own stomach acids are eating your bowel wall.
It is not your immune system attacking your colon!
So why is it that when you suppress the immune system that your symptoms decrease & why is it that you will never be healed when using them?
Follow me closely–
- You bowel is inflamed because the mucosal lining that protects it’s tender tissue is no longer there.
- This happens when we are exposed to antibiotics in some of it’s many forms.
- This bowel tissue is then ‘eaten’ -‘eroded’ by your digestive acids. Every time you eat you lose another layer of tissue.
- The longer you go w/o proper treatment the more tissue you lose & the bigger the symptoms get. You only have so much bowel tissue.
When this happens the immune system wants to get involved to protect you from germs—from getting an infection. Picture the fire engines racing to the scene of the fire /injury. Instead of spraying water on the fire–the immune system sprays ‘histamine’ another word for digestive enzymes onto the germs. The immune system works by digesting germs.
While doing this, histamines also irritate the bowel tissue that is not protected by the mucosal lining.
So……when we take a drug to suppress the immune system, it shuts down the system in our body that is trying to help us———no wonder your doctor believes there is no cure—–they never see one.
Our doctor then sees this decrease in inflammation & makes the knee jerk assumption that it must be the immune causing the problem—–when in reality that is a secondary response to the initial pres-existing problem—–caused by his / her colleagues——-your primary care physician for that stubborn cold you had or that chronic sinus infection…
That is where it all starts ——
Schedule An Appointment Now